New Snapdragon 8cx Gen 4: A Powerful CPU with Advanced Features
Qualcomm is said to be working on the release of its newest version of the Snapdragon 8cx Gen 4 chipset, expected to be a powerful CPU with advanced features. According to recent rumors, the chip will include 12 cores divided into 8 performance cores (~3.4GHz) and 4 efficiency cores (~2.5GHz) based on Nuvia's Phoenix design and using the "Oryon" marketing name.
- 12MB of shared L2 cache for each block of 4 cores
- 8MB of L3 cache
- 12MB of system-level cache
- 4MB extra for graphics
- Up to 64GB of LPDDR5X RAM in an 8-channel configuration running at 4.2GHz
- Support for external GPU with 8 lanes of PCIe 4.0
- Two USB 3 10Gbps ports
- Three USB 4 (Thunderbolt 4) ports with DisplayPort 1.4a
- Additional PCIe 3.0 lanes for peripherals such as a Wi-Fi card or modem
- Video decoding up to 4K/120fps and encoding up to 4K/60fps in various codecs, including AV1
The chip is expected to be launched in 2024 and will power Windows laptops and tablets, possibly mini PCs as well. Qualcomm has promised to unveil more official details for the new chip later this year. With the new chip, Qualcomm aims to bring new level of performance and power to the devices and offer more advanced features to the users.